rear hatch window air deflector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anybody know of a source for a rear hatch air deflector to direct air over the back glass and door? the dust build up from the vacuum effect is horrible

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
3D Carbon part# 691561

3DC-691561-3.jpg

dca-691561-cx_rz.jpg

61aUWgaFVRL._SX355_.jpg

dca-691561-cx_xl.jpg

Amazon has this for $209 + $25 shipping.
https://www.amazon.com/3dCarbon-691...ie=UTF8&qid=1464785033&sr=8-4&keywords=691561

Edit: I don't own this, so can't say if its effective for dust control or not.

Last edited:
OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yep i saw that one, but i am looking for one that directs airflow down over the window,
thank you

svfetter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got the one above and absolutely love it. I don't think I have ever seen one that deflects air down. One comment about that. I did have a spoiler on my 2000 Expedition which did deflect the air down over the window. Honestly I could tell no difference in how clean the rear window area was before vs after the installation. I kind of thought the same thing, but after being on the highway a while, the rear window are got just as dirty.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 1 in carbon fiber...haven't put it on yet

Mr. 10K

lakesidebluexpy

Reaction score
Powerboats-

I had a ford part number rear air foil on my '97 Eddie. My impression is it worked to keep the rear hatch glass cleaner....operative word being cleaner...than expys without. This ford part number spoiler disappeared from parts lists around the time the second gen was introduced, not to be seen again.

As to where/how you could accomplish what you're talking about, you might be able to find a used one on eBay (I did) for either a 1st gen expy or gator.

In another post I have asked if anyone knows whether mounting one of these old ford spoilers to the new gen aluminum hatch would cause problems or havoc.
The basic shape of the rear hatch is the same. Appears the only difference is the hatch is now aluminum.

I believe it should work ok and do what I want it to do- namely keep the hatch glass somewhat cleaner.

Lakeside

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It won't cause any probs...make sure u use good 3M tape...I have a carbon fiber spoiler that u will put on soon with 3M

Mr. 10K

lakesidebluexpy

Reaction score
10k.......and powerboats

Thanks 10k. Tape of any kind is not the answer for the ford part numbered rear spoilers. These things stand off the hatch, unlike the 3D Carbon piece and others. It stands on 3 short legs or pedestals, each maybe an inch tall if I remember correctly. From the factory it came with a mounting template and mounting hardware (read gaskets, nuts and bolts). These things were relatively heavy....no lightweight blown plastic here!

Lakeside