Rear hatch stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khammer

Reaction score
I just started using the Forscan program so the module update seems intimidating right now. I have the Pinpoint test and diagnostic procedures for the RGTM DTCs from the service manual that I will attempt first before I go down that road.

I have a service appointment 1/16 for a CEL for code P0021 camshaft timing. If I continue to have tailgate issues I may mention it whiles its in and see if they will check the tailgate and flash any software or TSBs.

OP
OP
C

ColoradoJon

Reaction score
Welp, bad latch diagnosed and replaced by dealer. It was not covered on warranty. $800 dollar repair. Looks like you can get the latch from the dealer for $150. My repair techs had a hard time removing the plastic with the door latched. They couldn't or didn't use the procedure shown above. I couldn't figure out how to make it work right either before I took it in. Not sure if you have all three places on the latch, release, and where it contacts the striker plate and bar.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65