Rear liftgate opening height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love my power liftgate. Nice to walk up to the truck, hit the fob and have it ready to accept my heavy bags of wood chips, groceries, whatever. Absolutely love this feature. Nothing wrong with it. Get a 2.5 lift on your truck. Problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did see a KR expedition in a grocer parking lot this summer as I pulled into a nearby spot. As I was looking it over, the liftgate starts to open as a family is approaching from the store exit. As the liftgate opens a Watermellow proceeds to roll out and smack into the lot surface.

I looked up cargo nets on Amazon that day.

richs fishes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have no problem with the height of the lift gate. I'm 6'0" and can stand under it with no problem. However, I'd like to add some more height to the glass. If thats open by itself I cant stand under neath it...and the latch protrudes down even further! I've been meaning to find struts made for a different vehicle that are a few inches longer as that should fix the issue. Problem is that they dont seem to label the length of the struts so I'm not sure how to find what I need!

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've never used the pull down strap on any of my trucks, the Expedition included. I just grab the the edge of the gate when it's open and slam it down, like a man! Show the truck who's boss and scare all the pensioners / Justin Trudeau supporters in the mall parking lot at the same time!

I yell at the Mrs when she slams my door. She's so rough with the doors on her Mazda that she bent the fender on the driver side from flinging the door open so hard.

Derp

Reaction score
The automatic lift gate was clearly an after thought on these vehicles. They are faster and smoother on every other vehicle. Not enough to complain about though. I hope strut/shock spacers are enough to reduce my need to duck under it, however I'll have a new issue of getting my 90lbs labs in and out. Probably going to need a ramp or ladder...

Eric Mowrer

Reaction score
I have no problem with the height of the lift gate. I'm 6'0" and can stand under it with no problem. However, I'd like to add some more height to the glass. If thats open by itself I cant stand under neath it...and the latch protrudes down even further! I've been meaning to find struts made for a different vehicle that are a few inches longer as that should fix the issue. Problem is that they dont seem to label the length of the struts so I'm not sure how to find what I need!

I feel your pain... literally... that little latch on the glass has drawn blood multiple times.

Bobmc

Reaction score
Oops, error. Apparently can't just delete a reply.

Last edited: