Rear Seat Entertainment System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Bernick

Reaction score
I just traded a 2015 Expedition Limited for a 2021 Expedition Limited. They both have the Rear Seat Entertainment System. The 2015 has a DVD insertion slot on each headrest so it is simple to play two different DVDs at the same time. The 2021 only has a slot on the DVD headrest on the drivers side. Is there a way to play two different DVDs at the same time with the new system?

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The infotainment system has baffled me. I am not tech savvy so I haven't really tried much with it. We use one DVD and have both kids watch the same movie. Apparently there's a way to have them watch two different shows using different types of platforms, I.e. DVD and HDMI cable but I get frustrated too quickly when messing around with this kind of tech.

One of the screens already failed in my Expy after a dozen uses, just haven't gotten around to take in for warranty work.

Will be following this thread to see the feedback.

flying68

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just traded a 2015 Expedition Limited for a 2021 Expedition Limited. They both have the Rear Seat Entertainment System. The 2015 has a DVD insertion slot on each headrest so it is simple to play two different DVDs at the same time. The 2021 only has a slot on the DVD headrest on the drivers side. Is there a way to play two different DVDs at the same time with the new system?
No. You can RIP movies to an SD card or USB thumb drive and/or plug in an external source through the HDMI. We use a Roku on the hdmi and a bunch of our DVD's loaded onto an SD card. We don't use the DVD player anymore.

Each screen can choose what source they want to use. Having movies on the SD card allows them to watch two different movies or the same if they choose.