rear speakers stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so i was painting my center console yesterday. after reinstalling it, i noticed this morning that my rear door speakers and my sub no longer work. what the hell did i do?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my rear left speaker is out too. i think mine is a wire issue but your sub going out too? hmm... could be the remote wire not connected properly. aftermarket head unit or stock?

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
stock head unit. both rears were working until this morning. i have no idea what i touched but it affected my speakers...

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is a wire connection under the console that I believe is to rear speakers... Its all part of one big connection... don't know if its your problem but might be something to look at...

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well i know i definitely moved that around a few times. gonna have to take it all apart again to figure it out...DAMMIT!

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok, figured it out. i left the rear panel, you know, the one that everyone likes to play with when they are sitting in the back seat just to piss you off, yeah that one. i left that unplugged so my kids cant changed the radio station when they are back there. apparently it HAS to be plugged in for the rear speakers to work. another ford engineering design by Jerry's Kids!

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
damn kids. haha thats why i have an aftermarket head unit. the rear dosent work anymore. i hate it when people messed with it. i might go back to stock though. but i need one with a cd player.