Rear suspension options for towing - Rear only coil spacer option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kjhawkeye1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Kjhawkeye1, I noticed in your sig you have the sumo springs, is it the coil spring insert that you use? If it is, have you ever towed with it and what has been your loaded/unloaded experience with them? I'm wondering if they might just crush under load or not?

Following up on this as we brought the camper out and hauled it 200 miles yesterday. Can definitely say the sumosprings made a difference and took the bounce out of the rear end. Between them and the WDH dialed in, the truck and trailer were level and I had no issues. The sumos were worth it in my opinion but to each their own.

Pirublues

Reaction score
Following up on this as we brought the camper out and hauled it 200 miles yesterday. Can definitely say the sumosprings made a difference and took the bounce out of the rear end. Between them and the WDH dialed in, the truck and trailer were level and I had no issues. The sumos were worth it in my opinion but to each their own.

Where did you buy the springs?

I have a 2015 Platinum EL 4x4 and the rear is too bouncy/jumpy unloaded, I'll be buying Bilstein 5100 for that. But when I towed with it I felt like it sagged a little to much as well. I've had the truck since January and have already towed over 4k miles with it.

Kjhawkeye1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where did you buy the springs?

I have a 2015 Platinum EL 4x4 and the rear is too bouncy/jumpy unloaded, I'll be buying Bilstein 5100 for that. But when I towed with it I felt like it sagged a little to much as well. I've had the truck since January and have already towed over 4k miles with it.

Etrailer.com