Rear Window Washer Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TUSGJP

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2011 Expy, when I hit rear window washer nothing happens. Well what happens is washer fluid is leaking somewher out of the hose from the point where it enters the firewall and starts to go up into the headliner. I loose almost 3/4 of a gallon of fluid before it stops leaking. There are no leaks in the interior that I can tell. The leak drips out of the frame about 2 or 3 inches in front of the passenger side door. I can not see the hose once it enters the firewall from the engine side. How hard will it be to repair this? Im guessing pulling the fender might be the best way to see the hose and hopefully the leak. I looked in the shop manual, no schematic on how or where the hose runs. This may be a visit to the dealer. I have no experience in pulling off body panels. Any help or better yet a diagram showing the routing of the hose is appereciated, Front window washer works fine.
Thanks
Ilya

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pop your passenger side kick panel off and the door step cover, lift up the carpet edge and you should find your tubing. If the front area is dry keep working your way back toward the rear till you find the wet area.

Chuckfo

Reaction score
My 2017 was leaking behind the cyclops light in the back. A mechanic changed the bulb and broke the plastic piece that the hose connects to!

Goofy173

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a similar problem, but mine leaks through headliner in passenger side cargo area near rear door hinge.
I had that and was able pretty easily to pull the trim down at the back and the hose had become disconnected from a connector.

Rambone

Reaction score
Goofy same here. Removed the top rear trim and there it was, just sitting there disconnected. Plugged it back in, no leak, and rear washer working again.

dcsang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Goofy same here. Removed the top rear trim and there it was, just sitting there disconnected. Plugged it back in, no leak, and rear washer working again.

Exactly my experience, as recent as yesterday.

K-Rom

Reaction score
Same problem with my '13 KR.

Any hints on how to remove the upper trim panel? I have clear access to the clips but can't figure out how to release them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccky