Regular or Premium

Regular or Premium?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
50% better mileage running 93 other than the 87 recommended by the factory specs just don't seem right to me????????????:buttkick::buttkick::buttkick:

if your talking about baker...the truck is not factory anymore. plus now its tuned for 93 and if he put 87 in it would knock. my corolla got 40mpg stock i made a ram air and got it to 45 ran pure gas and was touching 50...

and for everyone else check out this site www.pure-gas.org

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
still mostly driving corolla... front end smashed no more ram air and doing 50% highway and 50% city with alot of WOT almost every light unless i see a cop and i got 32mpg today

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
i ran 100 octane on my truck yesterday, man my 5.4 loves that gas its running so smooth and the acceleration is alot quicker
Where the hell did you find 100 octane...you find a moonshine still somewhere??? or did you go to the airport? LMAO....Share man share...

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well baker i live in chicago, if i drive 10 miles out of my way to bensinville there is a citgo minute man gas station that has one special pump with only 89 octane 93 octane and then 100 octane racing fuel. i paid 4.99 a gallon for it but it was worth it. this is the only gas station I know of with 100 octane around here.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
that high octane is some wicked stuff....I would be curious to see how a tank would do and what the mpg's would be

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i dont know how a full tank of 100 octane would act on the o rings and piston rings, i use like 2 gallons at a time it seems to like it lol

pooleo8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Be careful with the racing fuel, its leaded (generally) we have 110 here. I run it in the harley all the time, what a difference. Even over pump gas 93. Along time ago when sportin the '67 F-100 with a built 352, I ran out of fuel once. A guy had some aviation fuel. Put about 2 gallon in it, WOW! did it liven up that motor.

The 110 here is about 6.69 or so a gal. Id like to run 5 gal thru and see how it does someday. :gr_grin:

Last edited:

jmciver

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just wondering, what would it do to the engine if its leaded?
Leaded gas will kill your cats and O2 sensors over time. Leaded gas went away due to environmental reasons. If you look at the label of some of those octane boosters, which have lead in them, they will tell you extensive use of the product will lead to O2 sensor and cat failure.

Personally, I think running any more octane than what the engine is tuned for is a waste. All engines in modern cars, whether it is a high end sports car, or an economical car are built and tuned to very tight tolerances for a specific type of gas. This is because manufacturers want to get every ounce of efficiency out of the engine when it comes to gas mileage. This is also why tunes for pretty much any modern car, even high performance sports cars, will sacrifice a bit of performance for better gas mileage.

So will an engine technically perform better with higher octane fuel than what it was originally tuned for? Sure it will. But will the engine perform at max efficiency with higher octane fuel without a tune for it? No.

Last edited:

ediddily

Reaction score
It all depends if you want that tid bit of extra power...then go 91 or higher.
One thing I learned about premium is to use it for a smog test, it burns cleaner