reman transmission being installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

terrence davidson

Reaction score
lost my transmission for 2015 expedition platinum max (max not el due to import from canada to us). on route to my vacation on march saterday the 18th past noon . failed on 2wd mode. had it towed to the ford dealer in groveport ohio. the first repair attempt was cooler lines which one snaped off at the radiator cooler. that did not completely fix it. The expy was still immobile none of the gears were engaging. so was at last finally quoted for a replacement transmission to be installed. On the they day I got in touch with the dealership on monday which started chain of repair diags and repair approvals I stated I also wanted a quote that entire cost that included replacing the transmission. they said I should not need to have the transmission replaced from based what their tech visually looked at just the cooler lines which had failed was the extent of the dammage. turns out not so the transmission is dead as well. gave them my extended service contract info that was still active. extended service contract started at 96540 miles this is a used expy. terms were three years 36000 miles. purchased at sept 15th 2022. long story short claim denied transmission dammage due to cooler lines was not covered at all. all out of pocket. as of now waiting on the replacement transmission which is due 4-20-23 to arrive. do not have a option to dump (and preserve my credit score) the expy due to loan that was taken out for it. 8900 dollars for repairs labor plus transmission and cooler lines.
now a few questions for after the repairs are complete.
1 what are normal operating temps for the 2015 expedition el 4wd transmission.
2 what is the gallons per min flow rate and gallons per hour flow rate. for the transmission fluid.
3 upgrade 1 upsizing the transmission pan to deep pan size that has a temp sensor port that will be taken advantage of over the oem stock non temp sensor port version.
4 upgrade 2 added to upgrade 1. thinking going with a derale.com remote transmission cooler setup Part Number 15876 running on independent thermostat running on 180 degree temp range as a upgrade versus the oem stock to seperate the possible negative engine coolant fuild temps effects (engine overheat and effecting the transmission temps) on the transmission coolant from running though the same radiator.
5 upgrade 3 adding the upr expedition mega catch can to the ecoboost motor got the full package just need to install it.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
lost my transmission for 2015 expedition platinum max (max not el due to import from canada to us). on route to my vacation on march saterday the 18th past noon . failed on 2wd mode. had it towed to the ford dealer in groveport ohio. the first repair attempt was cooler lines which one snaped off at the radiator cooler. that did not completely fix it. The expy was still immobile none of the gears were engaging. so was at last finally quoted for a replacement transmission to be installed. On the they day I got in touch with the dealership on monday which started chain of repair diags and repair approvals I stated I also wanted a quote that entire cost that included replacing the transmission. they said I should not need to have the transmission replaced from based what their tech visually looked at just the cooler lines which had failed was the extent of the dammage. turns out not so the transmission is dead as well. gave them my extended service contract info that was still active. extended service contract started at 96540 miles this is a used expy. terms were three years 36000 miles. purchased at sept 15th 2022. long story short claim denied transmission dammage due to cooler lines was not covered at all. all out of pocket. as of now waiting on the replacement transmission which is due 4-20-23 to arrive. do not have a option to dump (and preserve my credit score) the expy due to loan that was taken out for it. 8900 dollars for repairs labor plus transmission and cooler lines.
now a few questions for after the repairs are complete.
1 what are normal operating temps for the 2015 expedition el 4wd transmission.
2 what is the gallons per min flow rate and gallons per hour flow rate. for the transmission fluid.
3 upgrade 1 upsizing the transmission pan to deep pan size that has a temp sensor port that will be taken advantage of over the oem stock non temp sensor port version.
4 upgrade 2 added to upgrade 1. thinking going with a derale.com remote transmission cooler setup Part Number 15876 running on independent thermostat running on 180 degree temp range as a upgrade versus the oem stock to seperate the possible negative engine coolant fuild temps effects (engine overheat and effecting the transmission temps) on the transmission coolant from running though the same radiator.
5 upgrade 3 adding the upr expedition mega catch can to the ecoboost motor got the full package just need to install it.

This video explains the flaw and problem with the transmission cooling lines (which are the same on the 2015 - 2017 Expedition with the Gen 1 3.5 Ecoboost engine and the 6-speed transmission): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lRvogSRGKuQ

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360