Removing/Replacing Front Lower Valance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheFlyingDutchman

Reaction score
Hi, y'all. Lots happening with The Flying Dutchman.

So my the lower valance with my front bumper (where my fog lights and tow hooks are) is needing replacing (zip ties are holding part of it on) and I wanted to know how hard it is to remove. The scrapyards in my area have a few for less than $30 so I want to see if I can get one but I have no idea how difficult it'll be to remove and if I'll need any specific tools to get it off the "donor" Expy. I found "new" ones online but it'll cost me at least $75 with shipping to get one and I'd rather go to the scrapyard and get one for $16-$25. Haven't been able to find any YouTube videos on removal.

Below is the part I'm talking about.

fo1095183_1.jpg

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I want to see if I can get one but I have no idea how difficult it'll be to remove and if I'll need any specific tools to get it off the "donor" Expy.

It is much easier if you just take the whole bumper off to see what you are doing. 4 bolts hold it on (disconnect fog lights if you have them)

NOTICE: Anytime you are working around airbags or airbag sensors disconnect battery first.

OP
OP
TheFlyingDutchman

TheFlyingDutchman

Reaction score
It is much easier if you just take the whole bumper off to see what you are doing. 4 bolts hold it on (disconnect fog lights if you have them)

NOTICE: Anytime you are working around airbags or airbag sensors disconnect battery first.

Well, went to the scrapyard and they always remove the batteries first so that wasn't a worry. Was able to get the valance off with elbow grease and more than a few curses and a scraped up hand but with much satisfaction--my boyfriend helped with a 2-3 of the bolts but I did most of the work. $18 instead of $80. Worth it. :D

Definitely going to be adding rust remover/WD-40 to my toolbox for when I go to the scrapyard for parts.:emotions34:

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
scrapyard and they always remove the batteries first
I was talking about taking the whole bumper off your truck. I still suggest that so you can work on it on the bench. (helps to get on strait and makes sure it is secured good) Then 4 bolts later it's on the truck instead of you under the truck cussing it for an hour.

OP
OP
TheFlyingDutchman

TheFlyingDutchman

Reaction score
I was talking about taking the whole bumper off your truck. I still suggest that so you can work on it on the bench. (helps to get on strait and makes sure it is secured good) Then 4 bolts later it's on the truck instead of you under the truck cussing it for an hour.

Right-o. Yeah, that was a discussion I was having with my friend last night--haven't decided if I'll do it myself or have my mechanic do it...