Removing the 6 cd changer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tepponogu

Reaction score
Anyone remove this for extra room in the center console? It just seems to take up space since I don't have any cd's to begin with.

Another thought was to leave the cd changer face on and hollow it out for a "secret compartment". Anyone try anything like this?

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I removed mine and it makes the center console huge.... somewhere there is instructions on the site...

OP
OP
T

tepponogu

Reaction score
I was actually thinking of either leaving the face on and hollowing it out, or installing a lock box in there for my carry gun when I go into buildings that don't allow carry. Ideas? Thoughts?

Maybe there's a better place in the truck for something like this?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
someone posted a link to a site ouot of texas that makes a holster to fit in there or down by your leg...it was working...i went to buy the holster a couple of weeks ago and the link didnt work any more...it was for $50 i think...been trying to find it every since so i can have easy access to my glock 23...in the "vulnerable" areas that i ride in late at night sometime...not to mention on road trips...truck like mine...I'M A TARGET!!! lol...

OP
OP
T

tepponogu

Reaction score
Interesting. I was looking more for a place to store/hide it when I went into buildings that I can't carry. I like the inside the center console. I think I might try and make something like that using my XD gear that came with the gun.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
g/l with that...i'm going to check on the status on mine tomorrow