removing the gauge cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if i remember, you have 1st gen. its really easy. just remove the bezel above your steering wheel (the one that surrounds the guage cluster). i think there are 6 bolts, cant remember. once you remove those bolts, you should be able to pop off that bezel and then just remove the screws holding the instrument cluster in place. the whole thing shouldnt take you but 20 mins, and that is taking a beer break! i hope this helps.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that works! haha can i change my lights to leds too? i know on chevys its as easy as replacing the bulbs to leds. if so whats a good site to buy them at?

Mike_D1980

Reaction score
1st gen, super easy. Pulled mine last weekend to remove the bulb for the airbag warning light (been on diving me crazy) and replaced 2 bulbs that were burnt out. All good now! Bulbs for backlighting were 194's I think. So if you can find direct replacement LED's for 194's you are all good. Only like 4 I think.

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I remember reading a thread about switching to LEDs on F150 online, but most of the time, the LED was really bright and didn't have even light throughout the gauges. I didn't think it looked very good, but that was an old thread. I'm sure someone has made it look better by now. I will see if I can find the thread.