Renewing 1st Gen Expedition - Cerakote

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cerakote...like the coloring for metals?. I've seen blocks and firearms done...or is this a cleaner of some sort?

A steamer works wonders in this area fwiw, one with a pressurized boiler, not a $49 walmart special. It'll clean pretty much everything off the motor and you can then dress in your choice of whatever makes your day. I like G6 from Chemical guys because it doesn't attract dirt and gives a "factory" finish, not too shiny. At 242k I'm not going to any shows with my 03 and keeps it looming good for most of the year.

Whatever it was you used, big improvement and looks 10x better than before pic.

OP
OP
jr1under

jr1under

Reaction score
Cerakote...like the coloring for metals?. I've seen blocks and firearms done...or is this a cleaner of some sort?
Same company but this product is a coating vs. coloring agent.

While renewing my 1999, I also applied it to the running boards and some other exterior trim with satisfying results. It's the only plastic trim restorer I've tried that works exactly as advertised when it's used exactly as directed.