Repl inside drvrs door, door latch '07 Exp XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WildeOne

Reaction score
The inside door latch handle (a chrome piece, actually a plastic molding) failed. I have the OEM shop manual which states the whole inside door panel and the door handle trim insert, which is separate, must be removed to replace the handle. It appears from looking at this deal that the insert can be removed by itself and it looks like it might be possible to do the replacement w/o removing the full panel. Has anyone done this repair, and is it possible to do w/o removing the whole panel? Any tricks to re-engaging the latch cable end toggle into the new door handle?

The design is really crappy ... I hope this is the last time I need to do this and the truck only has ~ 15K miles.

Tkx.

OP
OP
W

WildeOne

Reaction score
Well, I can answer my own question. The whole door panel needed to be lifted off, but it is not necessary to unplug any electrical connectors, if you gently lower the panel to hang on the wiring. The whole thing took ten minutes, but you need the shop manual to not damage anything. Now, I'm waiting for another handle to break.