Replace all Hoses?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gage2502

Reaction score
Hello Fist I wanted to know if anyone replaces hoses before they break?
Second I wanted to know if theres any that are more likely to break?

I wanted to know if anyone makes a hose set for the 2000 Expy that I can buy instead of buy each one individually?
Also with the rear heat option is there a chance that any hoses can break going to the rear heater core?
Thanks..

Vigilante

Reaction score
On my 99 Expy, I have replaced most of the hoses. After I did conversion work, I removed the rear heater core. And those were just rubber hoses, so I'm sure they could fail and really destroy the rear interior.

As far as a hose set goes? I'm not sure. I've bought hoses individually and got a bit of a discount because I was buying a bunch. He knocked the price down. But I did upper and lower radiator hoses as well as heater core hoses. Its a little cramped to get to the heater core hoses, but it should really get done. By 150k most hoses get pretty flimsy and you can just feel how much softer they are than new ones.

OP
OP
G

Gage2502

Reaction score
On my 99 Expy, I have replaced most of the hoses. After I did conversion work, I removed the rear heater core. And those were just rubber hoses, so I'm sure they could fail and really destroy the rear interior.

As far as a hose set goes? I'm not sure. I've bought hoses individually and got a bit of a discount because I was buying a bunch. He knocked the price down. But I did upper and lower radiator hoses as well as heater core hoses. Its a little cramped to get to the heater core hoses, but it should really get done. By 150k most hoses get pretty flimsy and you can just feel how much softer they are than new ones.

Thanks for the reply....I take it that the rear hoses go threw the ceiling of the truck?
Conversion work???? Is that removing the rear core? Is there a reason that it should be done?
Also my truck has 92k on it.....its a 2000 4x4 5.4 XLT Sport.
Thanks

BANGEREXPO76

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have a few bucks laying around changing all the hoses along with agood radiator flush cant hurt.
Especially the upper and lower and the thermostat hoses.
They are cheapest and easiest to work on.
If you have the time and money I say dive right in.