replacing my sunroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EvanB

Reaction score
Due to an accident, my sunroof has been completely knocked out of place. I was told that the trays and pretty much everything was jacked up. The estimate to replace the entire roof and assembly is around 3000. I found a used sunroof assembly out of a 97 expedition complete for 135.

I might be able to get by with the roof damage, but should a 97 sunroof fit in my 2002?

Also, is it difficult to remove the whole assembly? I'd be driving down to Dallas from Lubbock to take it out of the vehicle. I will most likely pay to have it installed if everything should fit correctly, unless it isn't too hard of a job. I am quit experienced when it comes to disassembling and assembling things, but mostly suspension and drivetrain. Thanks for the input and advice.

I have full coverage, but I'd rather not go through insurance so I am trying to find an alternative.

Evan

dj2big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go to a car dealer into the car sales department tell them you want to have a sunroof installed they should so it for about $1000 just ask them to put a bigger one aftermarket not oem

Sent from my iPhone the power of the Jedi

Firepuppy

Reaction score
yes i believe the sunroof from a 97 will fit a 2002 the 2002 sunroof has 8 screws around it and it drops down after the headliner is taking out pretty simple once the headliner is out of your way

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65