replacing my sunroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EvanB

Reaction score
Due to an accident, my sunroof has been completely knocked out of place. I was told that the trays and pretty much everything was jacked up. The estimate to replace the entire roof and assembly is around 3000. I found a used sunroof assembly out of a 97 expedition complete for 135.

I might be able to get by with the roof damage, but should a 97 sunroof fit in my 2002?

Also, is it difficult to remove the whole assembly? I'd be driving down to Dallas from Lubbock to take it out of the vehicle. I will most likely pay to have it installed if everything should fit correctly, unless it isn't too hard of a job. I am quit experienced when it comes to disassembling and assembling things, but mostly suspension and drivetrain. Thanks for the input and advice.

I have full coverage, but I'd rather not go through insurance so I am trying to find an alternative.

Evan

dj2big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go to a car dealer into the car sales department tell them you want to have a sunroof installed they should so it for about $1000 just ask them to put a bigger one aftermarket not oem

Sent from my iPhone the power of the Jedi

Firepuppy

Reaction score
yes i believe the sunroof from a 97 will fit a 2002 the 2002 sunroof has 8 screws around it and it drops down after the headliner is taking out pretty simple once the headliner is out of your way