Replacing taillight lens and not the whole assembly?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Z- I didn't even check to see if the other rear lens had a vent hole, so I'm guessing that the small pinhole I see is "rigged" and not OEM. Great. I'm the 2nd owner, just as of last week and wonder if I would be able to have this covered by warranty. Doesn't hurt to ask I suppose.

No its not "rigged" they all have it, many discussions have happened about this. You can search for them. Warranty is usually only if there is a substantial amount of actual water inside.

donsmrs

Reaction score
Did a number on my light today, luckily it still works. Haven’t been able to find just the lens. Let me guess, it’s a sealed unit and I get to buy the whole thing...700 bucks I’ve found so far

Try EBay or a salvage yard. We replaced both whole headlamp assemblies on my husband's F150 from a salvage yard for $20. Ford kept the tail light covers unchanged from 2007 to I think 2017. When I bought my 2014 Expy Limited last October, I replaced the driver side tail light cover with a new after market on EBay for about $30. But it was a 2014 model. For the newer models, I'd call the salvage yards first, and ask about those tail lights. (Also try neighboring towns). They might have a front end wrecked Expy, leaving the tail lights intact. Hope this helps!

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a hell of a time finding some stuff from any salvage yard lately for these. Anyone know of easy places to look or maybe websites that help find vehicles in yards? Google wasn't even much help.

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I checked at car-parts.com and the prices are more than the new one I found. They have some cracked ones that are about half.

Simon Clowes

Reaction score
TRy JC Whitney. When I had to replace a taillight on a Ranger, they had it for 1/3 Ford's price. When it arrived it was EXACTLY then sale one (down to Ford logo) as the dealer tried to sell me.