Resetting the oil change reminder ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chargermick

Reaction score
I did a search but couldn't find a post on resetting the oil change reminder on my 2010 Limited. I figure if the kids at Jiffy lube can reset it, so can I. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks. !!

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Press the setup button on the center stack, then press it again. The message should read set oil 100% press reset. That's it!

OP
OP
C

chargermick

Reaction score
Dib, thanks for responding so quick. I did what you said, using the buttons on the dash, but that didn't work. Is the center stack not on the dash? Thanks again.

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is out of the owners manual for the 07. It should be the same.

To reset the oil monitoring system to 100% after each oil change
[approximately 5,000 miles (8,000 km) or 180 days] perform the
following:
1. Press and release the SETUP
control to display “OIL LIFE =
***% HOLD RESET = NEW”.
2. Press and hold the RESET
control for 2 seconds and release.
Oil life is set to 100% and “OIL LIFE
SET TO 100%” is displayed.

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have the 6 buttons above the radio/nav screen? That's the center stack. Info, setup, reset are controlled in the message center of the odometer. The process of pushing setup twice should get you to the oil monitor. Reset takes it back to 100%. Then again, if you have nav radio, it could be built into that, I don't have nav, just regular radio/cd changer.

OP
OP
C

chargermick

Reaction score
Got it. Being the impatient s.o.b. that I am, I wasn't giving the computer enough time. Thanks again you guys!