Oil Change Interval in Winter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just stick to 5000k mile oil change intervals year round and you are good if you plan on keeping your vehicle indefinitely. Many leasers like to go up to and even past 10k miles and damage the engine for the next owner.

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry to be a little off-content on this thread, but I found it very interesting that Mobile 1 full synthetic 5–30 is being mentioned as the oil to use. I would be so happy to learn that that is the way to go.

For the past several Expeditions I have been using Mobile 1 fully synthetic 20–50 and it is very difficult to find.

Should I switch to the (much easier to find) 5–30?

Thank

Peter.s,

OP
OP
LG_123

LG_123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
5w30 is what's recommend in the manual and on the oil cap so I've never experimented with anything else. 20 weight sounds very heavy to be putting through this ecoboost engine.

GaryH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry to be a little off-content on this thread, but I found it very interesting that Mobile 1 full synthetic 5–30 is being mentioned as the oil to use. I would be so happy to learn that that is the way to go.

For the past several Expeditions I have been using Mobile 1 fully synthetic 20–50 and it is very difficult to find.

Should I switch to the (much easier to find) 5–30?

Thank

Peter.s,
IMVHO...yes. 20w50 is too heavy of an oil for Expedition. What does the owners manual and the oil fill cap call for?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett