Rocker Panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plati

Reaction score
I dont think my 2003 would pass inspection in SK (and that pic was a year ago)
IMG_1832.JPG

RobE

Reaction score
Well, it seems rockers are considered essential to "body integrity." ******** imho.

https://www.th.gov.bc.ca/cvse/vehicle_inspections/PDF/Structural_Integrity_Process_Guideline.pdf
Here in NW Florida you will frequently see cars/trucks rolling down the road with windshields that have been damaged from occupants head contacting the inside, complete front and rear bumpers off missing headlights/tail lights, no mufflers. I lived in Virginia/Hawaii also and they have vehicle inspections. They are frustrating. I laugh when I see one of the "dangerous" cars cruising down the road, but guess what? They are adults and if they want to ride in an unsafe vehicle that is their choice. Vehicle inspections are to line the pockets of repair shops and new car stealerships and generate inspection fees for the state.

Plati

Reaction score
Here in NW Florida you will frequently see cars/trucks rolling down the road with windshields that have been damaged from occupants head contacting the inside, complete front and rear bumpers off missing headlights/tail lights, no mufflers. I lived in Virginia/Hawaii also and they have vehicle inspections. They are frustrating. I laugh when I see one of the "dangerous" cars cruising down the road, but guess what? They are adults and if they want to ride in an unsafe vehicle that is their choice. Vehicle inspections are to line the pockets of repair shops and new car stealerships and generate inspection fees for the state.
and if that choice is to run with a defective unsafe vehicle and hit you and your family head on because a tire exploded or brakes dont work or steering fails or any number of other scenario's then i guess you'll be ok with that

this kind of delusional conspiracy theory mindset is rampant in this country .. it's bananas

RobE

Reaction score
and if that choice is to run with a defective unsafe vehicle and hit you and your family head on because a tire exploded or brakes dont work or steering fails or any number of other scenario's then i guess you'll be ok with that

this kind of delusional conspiracy theory mindset is rampant in this country .. it's bananas
Smoking causes 480k deaths a year in the US which includes 41k due to secondhand smoke. Smoking is not illegal and society allows adults to make the decision to ingest Tobacco. Tobacco lines the pockets of big tobacco and state and local government due to taxes. How is that bonkers? It is fact.

Arcticfrost

Reaction score
I got panels from Classic 2 Current. They only have the EL panels for both sizes so you have to cut them to fit but that gives you some extra to patch other holes! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arcticfrost

Reaction score
The panels were around $100 and that was about the whole cost of the fix. Plus some bondo and paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score

We have safety inspections here in PA, but rusted rockers won't trigger a failure. That just seems ridiculous to me. Bad brakes, tires, no lights, etc. are understandable as they not only endanger the driver, but also every other vehicle and person on the road that they encounter.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score

You can justify it anyway you want but I will never support it! Especially since rocker panels are not structural and the running boards on these vehicles probably offer more protection and the factory rockers but aren't even required. The delusion is the fact the government thinks it should be able to legislate safety.. and the bigger delusion is the people who have bought into it over the decades!
It's not a conspiracy theory it's a fact of too much government regulation and control in some people's opinions... one that I certainly share.

It's about like the argument for supporting mandatory seat belt usage to say that someone could hurt other people because they weren't wearing their seatbelt or they could become a vegetable and become a burden on society etc, etc, etc.
People who want to support regulations and restrictions will jump through any hoops and justify them by any means they can because they have an agenda. Just like people who like me, are against almost everything that's regulatory and over restrictive will jump through hoops the other direction to do the opposite.
The good point is that the people who support everything aren't getting by with anything by supporting it or doing it. They can live their happy little safety freak lives all they want. I'll be over here circumventing every regulation and law that I can that I don't agree with and telling others how to do it... Whatever it takes. Because THAT is what makes me feel better.
Sometimes I want to be a fan of states rights but other times it ****** me off that what you can do legally in one state will make you a criminal if you cross the state line! It is total ******** in one way of looking at it.

I said many years ago that one of the things I'm considering having put on my headstone when I die is -
I win!

Some people would think that's funny because no he didn't he's dead. But yes I did! I lived my life exactly how I wanted ...told anyone to piss off that I wanted to and only followed the few rules and laws but I absolutely had to but overall my ratio was much much much more in my favor so I call that a big win.

Plati

Reaction score
Smoking causes 480k deaths a year in the US which includes 41k due to secondhand smoke. Smoking is not illegal and society allows adults to make the decision to ingest Tobacco. Tobacco lines the pockets of big tobacco and state and local government due to taxes. How is that bonkers? It is fact.
Smoking in a public place (bar, restaurant, airplane, movie theatre, etc.) became illegal quite a while ago. People can still smoke tobacco (and soon marijuana) in the privacy of their own home all they want. Personal choice. The way it should be.

You are trying too hard to combine "like things" that are not alike and draw comparisons.