Roof rack cross bar removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I removed them the first day home from the dealership on the '04 & '16.

EdWeg

Reaction score
Granddaddy 2007 XLT here. At least you've not experienced what I have. Someone needed a fastener, and so I'm now missing one. The '07 fastener has a longer thread base; but, is basically the same, and had to take some time to be removed. Try and find just one!!! I just went ahead and removed the cross bars too for a cleaner look. Someday I may replace if ever really needed for moving something bulky.

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Granddaddy 2007 XLT here. At least you've not experienced what I have. Someone needed a fastener, and so I'm now missing one. The '07 fastener has a longer thread base; but, is basically the same, and had to take some time to be removed. Try and find just one!!! I just went ahead and removed the cross bars too for a cleaner look. Someday I may replace if ever really needed for moving something bulky.

If you only need one, PM me with your address and I’ll toss one in the snail mail for you.

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you only need one, PM me with your address and I’ll toss one in the snail mail for you.

I called my dealer after coming back from FL as I was missing 1 or 2 of the "fake" ones for the extra spots. They dropped in the mail right away

VinnyTL

Reaction score
What size Torx Screwdriver do you need to remove the cross bars? And can I fill in hole with a torx screw to prevent rust and build up in the exposed hole. Any info will help.

Highlightreel

Reaction score
T30 torx I believe. There's another forum post that discusses this as well. 5 minute job. I just replaced the metal screws into the same holes. The light grey ones in the pic were plastic fillers in the other set of optional holes. The original ones that held the bars on do stick out a bit, obviously, but they have stayed snug and only barely hurt my mpg!
crossbar1.jpg crossbar2.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1