Roof rack parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisRCNY

Reaction score
My expy didn't come with cross bars on the roof rack. I'm trying to find what size/style of nut goes in the track, does anyone have one they can measure for me, or know of an alternative?

I'm hoping to find something like the t-slot nuts for extruded aluminum.

Jamo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have no idea, but I would go to the local junkyard and buy a set. My '14 EL LTD came with crossbars, but my former '04 Tahoe did not, and that's when I hit the junkyard. Ten bucks for a set...and I got all the hardware to install, plus I got to practice on junk for the process...

OP
OP
C

ChrisRCNY

Reaction score
I would, except the only local yard doesn't have anything newer than a 2nd gen.

Fun fact, front brake bracket bolts and hub bolts are the same metric fine thread. On the 2nd gen models, they're longer because of the aluminum spindles. Snagged 6, cut them short with the grinder. Dealer wanted $14/bolt, 2pk, 2 week lead time.

Jamo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow...maybe that's a good thing? When I did my Tahoe hunt, there were lots of the newer style Tahoes & Yukons along with my older '04.

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My expy didn't come with cross bars on the roof rack. I'm trying to find what size/style of nut goes in the track, does anyone have one they can measure for me, or know of an alternative?

I'm hoping to find something like the t-slot nuts for extruded aluminum.

I have a set somewhere, I will check it out if you still have it.

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sweet, thanks. If possible, a few pics of the bits in question would be awesome.

Well I dug them up in the basement and the hardware for the crossbars wasnt with them. I will see if I can find a box I may have put them in.