Rookie question about a lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

babysilk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wanted to add a little more lift but im on a budget. Seen those spindle lifts but they all say 2wd only. Any chance they would work on a 4wd? I wanted to add the 3" spindles up from and longer coils in the rear? Thanks

robuilt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope. Those spindles won't work.

Look for body lifts. Amazon has some pretty good deals.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Babysilk, at this point, you really have 1 option and that is going with a body lift. You have pretty much done everything else.

The one other option at this point is to break out the sawzall, but, you can imagine where that is going to end up. I have contemplated this with my truck, but I was going to fit 40's on my truck with only a 4" lift. But, this would have also involved a little bit of fabrication work on the wirewall to make the tires clear the back of the front wheel wells.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Mindgame ,for the moment. But, if someone comes along with the right amount of money, he will be gone. I am moving on to something a little bit different and just have the truck as a second vehicle for those "just in case" times.

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know anything about them, but have you seen those Rancho quick lift shocks? Don't know if they'll work or not.

OP
OP
babysilk

babysilk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah ive seen them haha my buddy actually bought some.....couldnt get the damn things in... I guess ill just save up for a fabtech lift kit, new gears, and 40's. $5,000 bucks later...