Running board replacement - 2008 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

icpscientist

Reaction score
2008 expedition XL. I believe it originally came with power running boards, but there are none on the vehicle right now. Do I have to replace it with power boards, or can I use any aftermarket boards? Thanks.

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It depends on what you want to do.. if you want retracting running boards, then yes you have to replace them with ford running boards (I don't know of any aftermarket retracting boards) and the boards are color matched to you car, so you probably need to paint whichever boards you get. If you just want to fit permenant steps then you can fit almost anything that will bolt on, obviously steps from a similar model expedition will be easier to fit, but they don't have to be ford.. Does that help?

Gregg Eshelman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2008 expedition XL. I believe it originally came with power running boards, but there are none on the vehicle right now. Do I have to replace it with power boards, or can I use any aftermarket boards? Thanks.
You sure they aren't installed? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48gJWo_nfAo

AMP Research and Rough Country make aftermarket power retracting running boards. If you don't want power ones, the base model Expedition boards can be picked up pretty cheap, especially if you have a wrecking yard near you. Look on car-part.com Almost every wrecking yard in the USA has their inventory searchable there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett