Rust - looking for opinions: how bad is it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bearss07

Reaction score
Gonna have to do this before to long myself. Along with rocker panels.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've read that you can get away with not replacing the radiator support until the fan starts hitting the back of the radiator. Any opinions?

Has anyone tried using home made brackets to support the radiator of an expedition?

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2005 Expedition radiator support.

I want to drive this truck for another 3-5 years and before I get into the real work of replacing the radiator support i wonder if I can't just rig something up to get me there..

Anyone who wants to weigh in on how bad it is is appreciated!!

dd3a4884dd19aedec0f643a83052eea0.jpg

a4edd8a775d221734e08385f1e915100.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm afraid with that much flaking that support is already too far gone to do anything. When I got my 05 back in August of 2013, it was doing that and the first thing I did was brush off all of the loose rust and spray it down with rust encapsulation polymer spray and then I undercoated it with a rubberized undercoating, but this is too far gone for that. I think you have to look at a complete replacement of the radiator support. You could always rig something temporarily but it will not last and don't go over any big bumps.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire