Rusty Rockers on 2008

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Has anyone out there had rocker panels replaced on their 3d Generation? What did the job cost and how much work was involved?

Any other spots where these suckers rot out in Northest winters?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 07’ rockers have perforated and rusted through the bottom on both sides. My aunts 2008 Eddie Bauer has as well. The rust generally slows down after perforation because water no longer stays in the panel. Ford used cheap and thin steel for the rockers along with poor paint on the inside of the panel. This coupled with poor drain design is a recipe for disaster. Here in Western NY EVERY Expedition on the road from about 2010 back has rusted rocker panels. Failure on fords part....I have yet to see any 07-08 Tahoes with rusting rockers but every expy has the issue.

I purchased 06’ rocker panels from KeyStone and sprayed them but have been procrastinating the job. Generally the outer rocker panels rust on these and the inners stay decent.

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There has been some suspicion Ford payed off A/M companies to not make ones for 07–17 trucks.

Most just leave them be and drive it like that as it’s not really effecting operation and is just unsightly. The 06’ panels I bought are very close and I’ll be using them on my standard length. Still cannot verify the fit until I tear into it. EL owners or anybody can cut out a portion and have a fab shop bend some up for $100 or so with 16 gauge.

Last edited: