Safety recall for back seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tickbouy

Reaction score
Has anybody taken their '18 in for the inspection and repair of the safety recall regarding the back seats. My dealer wants 4 HOURS to determine if mine needs fixed and another 2 hours to fix it. That does not sound reasonable to me. 6 hour repair?? I know it is under warranty but I don't want to leave my truck at the dealer all day.

OP
OP
Tickbouy

Tickbouy

Reaction score
I have another truck and if I have to I'll ask them to give me a ride home after dropping off the Expy. What does the repair entail? 6 hours sounds like a serious defect.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
6 hours sounds like "drop off in the morning, or we don't promise same-day service"

Probably just don't want to put recall work ahead of paying out of pocket customers who might show up

Raptors

Reaction score
Has anybody taken their '18 in for the inspection and repair of the safety recall regarding the back seats. My dealer wants 4 HOURS to determine if mine needs fixed and another 2 hours to fix it. That does not sound reasonable to me. 6 hour repair?? I know it is under warranty but I don't want to leave my truck at the dealer all day.

That’s how the dealer has been on recalls for my truck. They basically want it all day for what ford says is a 45 minute job.

Did you get a letter in the mail, or notification in the Ford app for the recall?

OP
OP
Tickbouy

Tickbouy

Reaction score
Yes, I got the letter, notified in the app, and got a call from the dealer. What, exactly, is the problem? Do they have to remove the back seats to determine if a repair is needed?

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most dealers give free rentals nowadays, no? I always get a F-150 when I drop mine off for anything.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Ford is allowing 0.2 hours of labor time to inspect the seats, to determine if the j-channel brackets are missing: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2018/RCMN-18V805-0711.pdf

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its not that big of a job, i dropped mines off and picked it up at the end of the next day.

Yukon Joe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its not that big of a job, i dropped mines off and picked it up at the end of the next day.
So you got yours fixed? Ther letter I recieved said the repair wouldn't be for quite some time and that I'd be contacted. My 3YO daughter sits in that seat. I'd like to get it fixed sooner than later.

@Yukon Joe