Saving settings for floor boards/ambient lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Anyone know how to get the floorboards to stay “out” and not on auto. In auto they are constantly going up and down. I’ve tried countless times to change it in settings. Same thing with our ambient lighting settings. Always reverts back to prior. Am I missing a button when saving these settings? This is on a 2023 expy platinum

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Unless you modify the setting in Forscan, the running boards will not stay out when driving. The 'Out' setting is for loading or washing the truck.

Ambient lighting should retain your setting. If it's not and you're using the same key fob, you may want have a Ford Tech take a look.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is possible if you remove the fuse or disconnect the harness for the running boards. Or Forscan could possibly disable them.
I personally love them and would never want to drive with them out.
I've read where there have been issues with retractable running boards. But like anything else, if they are serviced properly by cleaning and lubing on a regular basis, they should last forever. I clean and thoroughly lube the moving parts every oil change. So far, no issues.

OP
OP
Reaction score
I’m having a real issue with the computer saving settings when changed. I like the boards, but I want them out until I drive away. It always seems to revert back to auto which always deploys and closes the boards every time I open the door which is really annoying.

mwar99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m having a real issue with the computer saving settings when changed. I like the boards, but I want them out until I drive away. It always seems to revert back to auto which always deploys and closes the boards every time I open the door which is really annoying.
There is no way to keep them out, they are not programmed to stay out. The timer is for when you manually unlock the car with the key fob.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65