Power Running Board Settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

roybus14

Reaction score
Thank you very much. My truck has been at the dealer since 12/11 for this issue. According to the service advisor, they’ve tried two different “modules” which each either not deploying at all or staying deployed.

At this point, I just want my vehicle back and I will revisit later at another service department. This is a brand new 2023 that had 11 miles on it when I bought on 11/07/23.

Question: Will using Forscan void the warranty and any extended warranties on the vehicle???

CDNRabbit

Reaction score
@roybus14 where did you see "5min to retract after door closes"?
I didn't see that in the manual and the dealer told me the extended timer setting applies to when unlocking before opening doors. I thought that was odd but couldn't dispute. plus it seems correct, my boards stay out quite a long time when I unlock with the fob but don't open the door.

OP
OP
R

roybus14

Reaction score
I didn't see that in the manual and the dealer told me the extended timer setting applies to when unlocking before opening doors. I thought that was odd but couldn't dispute. plus it seems correct, my boards stay out quite a long time when I unlock with the fob but don't open the door.
It’s in the settings for Running Boards on touch screen…. The kicker is that it’s still not fixed.

They tried two modules that didn’t work after having my vehicle since 12/11/23. I picked it today bcuz I didn’t want to have my new vehicle sitting at the dealer for another week or two.

There is a TSB out for this. I am going to contact Ford Corporate and the new auto group (Asbury Automotive out of Georgia) that just finalized the deal to purchase Koons Ford her in MD/VA for alot of money. I am going to reach out them about this as well as the rattle in my liftgate that was fixed and last 20 miles into my drive before the rattle came back with a vengeance…

Attachments

• IMG_5430.jpeg
    IMG_5430.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5431.jpeg
    IMG_5431.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5432.jpeg
    IMG_5432.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 16

USKflt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I still think this is some BS Ford made up to avoid having to fix a bunch of vehicles with bad programming. I have a ‘22 Expedition and a ‘23 F-150. Both have power running boards and the exact same settings on the screen. The F-150 extended timer works exactly as I expect. The boards stay out longer regardless of doors opening or closing. They only close earlier if you lock it or start driving. The Expedition extended timer only works if you don’t open the doors, which is 100% worthless. They are constantly cycling in and out and you can’t even make it around the vehicle without them closing again. I thought they were a bunch of idiots with the programming until I got my F-150, now I’m starting to think they’re lying.

OP
OP
R

roybus14

Reaction score
I still think this is some BS Ford made up to avoid having to fix a bunch of vehicles with bad programming. I have a ‘22 Expedition and a ‘23 F-150. Both have power running boards and the exact same settings on the screen. The F-150 extended timer works exactly as I expect. The boards stay out longer regardless of doors opening or closing. They only close earlier if you lock it or start driving. The Expedition extended timer only works if you don’t open the doors, which is 100% worthless. They are constantly cycling in and out and you can’t even make it around the vehicle without them closing again. I thought they were a bunch of idiots with the programming until I got my F-150, now I’m starting to think they’re lying.
So why is it working for your F-150 and not your Expedition? I agree that it’s some BS especially knowing that there is a TSB out for this.

How do you not know which module is supposed to fix this “known” issue? They had my 23 Limited since 12/11/23 said they tried two different modules and were going to keep it longer until I said enough and picked it up yesterday.

Then to boot, the liftgate rattles and it was fixed for about 20 miles of me driving until it came back with a vengeance. The plastic on the liftgate inside of my truck is cheap AF!

So what have you done to fix your running boards or still not fixed???

USKflt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So why is it working for your F-150 and not your Expedition? I agree that it’s some BS especially knowing that there is a TSB out for this.

How do you not know which module is supposed to fix this “known” issue? They had my 23 Limited since 12/11/23 said they tried two different modules and were going to keep it longer until I said enough and picked it up yesterday.

Then to boot, the liftgate rattles and it was fixed for about 20 miles of me driving until it came back with a vengeance. The plastic on the liftgate inside of my truck is cheap AF!

So what have you done to fix your running boards or still not fixed???
They’re not fixed. I honestly think it’s a programming issue and not a module issue (but who knows). I posted one of the original threads on here about it, but once I saw Ford’s response to others I didn’t want to mess with them insulting my intelligence. Now that I have a ‘23 F-150 to compare to, I plan to go in sometime and show them physically that it’s not working. Although I still expect to get the BS response of “it’s working as designed” and why I haven’t messed with it yet. It’s annoying as hell loading up kids and car seats, I can tell you that.

OP
OP
R

roybus14

Reaction score
They’re not fixed. I honestly think it’s a programming issue and not a module issue (but who knows). I posted one of the original threads on here about it, but once I saw Ford’s response to others I didn’t want to mess with them insulting my intelligence. Now that I have a ‘23 F-150 to compare to, I plan to go in sometime and show them physically that it’s not working. Although I still expect to get the BS response of “it’s working as designed” and why I haven’t messed with it yet. It’s annoying as hell loading up kids and car seats, I can tell you that.
Ford knows better… At some point, the F-150 will be the only quality vehicle they have…. It’s a quality issue and no one is QA/QC these Expeditions once they leave the factory bcuz if they did you and I wouldn’t be annoyed right now.

OP
OP
R

roybus14

Reaction score
Update: So I reached out to Ford on their Twitter/X page. Their social media guy responded immediately and asked for my details of my issues and VIN info, which I gave.

They he replied back for me to take it to a dealer for service (which I’m dropping off tonight at a different dealer), and once it’s at the dealer, to reach back out so that they can escalate my issue to their Vehicle Support Team. I’m curious to see what the VST will do and/or how that impacts the results?

So we will see how all of this goes…. If the VST gets it done, I will update this thread as well as update as this thing continues on.

I have the initial bumper-to-bumper warranty and additional extended b2b warranty as well, so these issues are gonna get resolved either way. Just leaving bread crumbs by reaching out and keeping everything in writing…..

Happy New Year!!!!

USKflt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update: So I reached out to Ford on their Twitter/X page. Their social media guy responded immediately and asked for my details of my issues and VIN info, which I gave.

They he replied back for me to take it to a dealer for service (which I’m dropping off tonight at a different dealer), and once it’s at the dealer, to reach back out so that they can escalate my issue to their Vehicle Support Team. I’m curious to see what the VST will do and/or how that impacts the results?

So we will see how all of this goes…. If the VST gets it done, I will update this thread as well as update as this thing continues on.

I have the initial bumper-to-bumper warranty and additional extended b2b warranty as well, so these issues are gonna get resolved either way. Just leaving bread crumbs by reaching out and keeping everything in writing…..

Happy New Year!!!!
They ever get you taken care of?