Scan program

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

studabaker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want to see my engine misfires on a graph. I am getting minor miss fire issues and I want to use obd and see when it is missing under load. I am almost back to how she used to run. I did the plug and found exposed wire the other day. So it has improved after that.

Does anyone know of a pc program that will show me the firing graph. I have a USB scan tool.

OP
OP
studabaker

studabaker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So forscan is a program I found mentioned on this site. I will check it out.

OP
OP
studabaker

studabaker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have used this program to learn that I have a #4 fuel injector problem rather than a misfire...
forscan is great. my computer would not download it but i downloaded it to my phone and opened the file with my phone connected to my computer as a workaround. I used windows, im not sure about apple download.

Attachments

• expedition.jpg
    expedition.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
studabaker

studabaker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will add some other hints to get through the program... I used a USB obd connection and this is called a "bus" connection which has to be selected in settings. A Bluetooth obd connection may work however the cheap one I have did not. So once you are connected you then select the graph and go to settings which will light up once the vehicle is running and connected. I was looking for misfires and selected a few others the rpm is good, may, fuel injectors, load is interesting if you want to test under load this will help you. So then press play and without being distracted drive and make the problem happen. Drive over the hill it happens on or whatever. I wish I used this a long time ago.

OP
OP
studabaker

studabaker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
O2 sensor is also bad from this scan.

Attachments

• 20221229_092825.jpg
    20221229_092825.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 4