Schematics & Wiring Diagrams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2pock

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could get a wiring or schematic for the overhead factory DVD system for the 2003 Expedition. Besides that alldata website ???

johnnybecool

Reaction score
Wiring

What a small world. Looks like I'm running into trouble with this factory model. I should of done my homework. It looks like I won't be able to use it with my type of application. Maybe you had the same problems. (My bad, not yours.) I'll just have to resell it and get an aftermarket. If you get an aftermarket model, let me know and how you like it. Good look with the little one on the way. John

OP
OP

2pock

Reaction score
I didnt really run into any problems. Its just that I thought the screen was bigger than it was. Thats why I gave u the diagrams, because if u take it to a decent audio shop, they shouldnt have a problem wiring it up. Basically all they would need is a wiring diagram or schematic( which u have). If they say that they cant or it cant be done, then take it somewhere else because they dont know what their doing ! ! ! !

johnnybecool

Reaction score
DYD installation

The only problem I'm having is how to mount this heavy thing. I have the sunroof and rear ceiling AC. The previous owner must of had a light weight DVD installed by putting a piece of plywood within the cavity of the headliner, then screwing the dvd to that. This won't support the factory one. I've been to several websites and no one has any suggestions, not one reply? Also I'm looking for the wire harness that plugs into the dvd and stock wire loom within the headliner. Also someone mentioned on another site about a support brace. I've left countless messages with my dealer, no luck. If their not making money on you , their not interested.

OP
OP

2pock

Reaction score
John, theres gotta be a car audio shop somewhere near u. See if u can locate one and give them a call. Even when I called my dealership they gave me a hassel to answer my questions. So I went to a few car audio shops and they all said the same thing, that if I can get them the wiring/schematic then they could install it with no problem. And I think the last thing they were worried about was mounting it ! ! !

jaytee68

Reaction score
I also need to the wire diagram/ schema for the factory flipdown DVD for an 05 Expy, please let me know if you can email, fax it or post to this thread