Seafoam Walkthrough on 2001 Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joezek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not positive, but I thought the line on the top back of the throttle body was directly behind the butterfly/throttle plate. If that's the case, then it should be evenly spraying the entire intake system.

Maybe the intake is like the one in my SOHC Explorer, where the intake manifold has a valve that controls whether the intake is dual or single plenum. Depending on how much you step on the gas and the RPM of the engine, it would redirect the airflow. In that case I understand how it won't evenly distribute the sea foam.

TxOutlaw

Reaction score
WOW! 2 cans and a full can in the vacuum??!?! I am shocked you didn't fowl the spark plug or O2 sensors!! I am sure it was cleaned out after that!!!

My usual seafoaming consist of 1/2 bottle in the vacuum, 1/2 bottle in the crankcase and a full bottle in the tank 300-500 miles before an oil change. I do this about every 20K miles and both my fords with over 110K miles run like new on stock spark plugs (still need to tune up!!!)

Best of luck!