Searching for switched circuit under dash.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all, I know some of you have access to factory wiring diagrams and I was hoping someone could help.

I need a switched circuit that I can tap into for +12V near the steering column. I will fuse the tap but need less than .5A to power a switch, to turn on a relay. I'm sure there are several to choose from but I just don't want to go searching and testing wires that may cause issues.

Thanks in advance. I'm sure others could use this and I'm surprised I didn't see a post. Find some for older f150s on other forums, just not this guy. 2019 expy platinum.

OP
OP
5280tunage

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My guess though is that based on that amperage, that's a constant 12v, there were a couple more on that list were + near the obd connector, but it doesn't list if they are switched or constant. Will have to test them I suppose. But thank you, it's a place to start.

OP
OP
5280tunage

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So quick update, just in case anyone else is looking for similar info. I did find a good switched circuit under the drivers dash, but it won't work for everyone. If you have the heated steering wheel, the heated steering wheel module, to the right side, under the dash has a solid white wire, this is a +12V when accessory/ignition is on. I'm only using this as a source for a switch, to turn on a relay, but I did fuse it with a 1A fuse.