Seat interchange?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mkbruin

Reaction score
My 2008 has 315k miles on it and the seat foam is completely shot, hard as a rock and completely flat. Looking online in appears that replacement foam for 07-08 is the same, but 10-15 is different and won’t cross reference. Also, it doesn’t appear there’s any aftermarket options for the 07/08.

If I were to acquire a complete set of 2010+ seats from a Navigator or expedition, are the mounting locations the same?

Are there any differences in the power 3rd row seats in the standard vs the EL?

71FBC3FA-0531-46B4-85D4-BC8C6192A2A8.jpeg

Frank Wilson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the same issue. Finally going to replace seat cover. I had no luck finding an aftermarket foam seat too.

I was told that many upholstery shops can make the foam seats from scratch with superior materials.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I replaced my 2008 seat foam about two years ago. I checked Tasca Parts and Ford had discontinued the seat foam. But Ford did have replacement foam for the cooled seat in the Limiteds. I bought that. But when it came, it also required a soft plastic flexible "cooling duct" to fill the channel in the foam bottom. The duct set me back another $30. But I got my foam. You may see if that's still an option.

The seat covers in vinyl or leather are available from The Seat Shop. They make nice stuff in Texas.

Speed 330

Reaction score
My 2008 has 315k miles on it and the seat foam is completely shot, hard as a rock and completely flat. Looking online in appears that replacement foam for 07-08 is the same, but 10-15 is different and won’t cross reference. Also, it doesn’t appear there’s any aftermarket options for the 07/08.

If I were to acquire a complete set of 2010+ seats from a Navigator or expedition, are the mounting locations the same?

Are there any differences in the power 3rd row seats in the standard vs the EL?

View attachment 72955
Contact the seat shop I have everything you need