2019 second row capt seat removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lbi expedition

Reaction score
I want to remove second row capt chairs to install storage for camping. There is a cable sheath emerging from the vehicle frame’s bed that protects the a bundle of individual wires that go into a large plastic assembly under each seat. I cannot figure out if this large (2” x 3” x 3/4”) assembly is a quick connect or not. This plastic assembly, and the sheath, are connected by ties secured to plugs that are inserted into the bottom of the chair assembly. After this plastic assembly, the outgoing wire bundle is connected to two smaller connectors which can be unplugged.

My question is, should I (a) disconnect the wire bundles at the two known plugs and cut the plastic assembly (1 tie) and sheath wires (2 ties) free from the chair, thereby freeing the chair for removal, or (b) if the plastic assembly is actually a quick connect, figure out how to disconnect the plastic assembly which would still require me to cut two tie points holding the sheath to the underside of the chair? If (b), how do I disconnect the two parts of the plastic assembly? I can find no way to do it and several hours of internet searches have been fruitless.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd ask Ford before possibly damaging something. these cars, depending on their age have tons of sensors that may cause malfunction if they cannot complete the circuit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett