see....I told you it looks weird

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmrseed

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this is my rear tire on my lifted expy (2wd). Does it look like it has a castor problem? If it was more centered it would be better for clearance.

886B6483.jpg

OP
OP
mmrseed

mmrseed

Full Access Members
Reaction score
100BF07F.jpg

here's another view...you can see that the front is centered but the rear looks placed forward :-(

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
trailing arms are causing this as you go up the arms need to get bigger(longer)its pivoting the axel forward thats my thought. the lifted crowd will chime in soon

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'll try to post some pics of mine... I don't think yours is a "problem" I just think its caused by the lift..... i'll have to look for my camera

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
trailing arms are causing this as you go up the arms need to get bigger(longer)its pivoting the axel forward thats my thought. the lifted crowd will chime in soon

Not having any experience with lifted vehicles, this makes sense. The arm will rotate a bit forward while it travels further down to accomodate the lift.

OP
OP
mmrseed

mmrseed

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well it's more of a problem for me because my lift isn't anywhere as cool as yours and my back tire can rub on the front lip on dips (such as my driveway) if I go too fast. (sigh)...I just need more lift. About 5 more inches outta do it :)

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this is coused by the lift and the trailing arms not being long enough for every 4 inches of lift you should add 1/2 inch to trailing arms to keep centered to wells, at this point i dont seem to see any one who makes them for resale, but im sure your local fab shop can make them relitivly easy, and not break your bank, and walnuts you are about a foot and a half off on yours, , hehe you have the wheel base of a jeep now, haha, i get shop set up i may start fabbing them, if i can get enough orders to make it work keeping up

Last edited: