Self Levelling? Platinum with tow package.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, we ended up making a heck of a deal today on a Platinum with everything we wanted plus a few other things.

Congratulations! Please share the deal you got in the pricing discussion, if you are comfortable.

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The video (below) isn't from Ford but it has a couple of guys from Ford doing the testing. And yes the expedition is sagging way more than the Suburban. They also mention the Expedition pulls the load about the same as the much less powered Suburban. As I said before in this thread, with the new model Ford sacrificed capability for added comfort. I'm gonna run out into the garage and tell my 17 model how much I love her

FYI the Expy in that video is a 301 without CCD, I am not sure about the Burban, but that may be a reason for the extra squat on the Expy. Would love to see CCD Expy next to a non-CCD with same loads.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Excuses excuses. The CCD is not load leveling. It wasn't in previous models and its certainly not in the new ones. Ever wonder why its standard on the models with the 22" wheels? Because its there to counteract the harshness in ride you get from the lower profile tires. Even in sport mode when the suspension is at its stiffest it may reduce sag by a fraction but its not going to level the load and raise it back up. Plus who wants to ride around with 500-1000lbs of tongue weight in sport mode

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And to be clear, the gauntlet winner I referenced was a platinum WITH CCD, obviously. So maybe it does make a difference with squat.

Scottorama

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford dropped the ball not offering the self leveling option. Hell, even Dodge pickups now offer a self leveling option.....pretty sad when Dodge , with their pickups that have not been redesigned in years, have better suspension designs than a brand new Ford.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And to be clear, the gauntlet winner I referenced was a platinum WITH CCD, obviously. So maybe it does make a difference with squat.
Like I said earlier you need to get your eyes checked. In the gauntlet test theyre using a weight distribution hitch. In the versus video with the Suburban theyre not. Again the CCD has nothing to do with lack of squat, its the hitch.

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Excuses excuses. The CCD is not load leveling. It wasn't in previous models and its certainly not in the new ones. Ever wonder why its standard on the models with the 22" wheels? Because its there to counteract the harshness in ride you get from the lower profile tires. Even in sport mode when the suspension is at its stiffest it may reduce sag by a fraction but its not going to level the load and raise it back up. Plus who wants to ride around with 500-1000lbs of tongue weight in sport mode

Thank you for the education. I am not an engineer nor do I tow nearly enough to understand that difference. I was just offering a thought. Obviously I was wrong as have illuminated.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Squat or not, I’m fine knowing I have the best towing SUV they have ever tested!! And I have incredible ride quality to boot!!!

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Squat or not, I’m fine knowing I have the best towing SUV they have ever tested!! And I have incredible ride quality to boot!!!
:happy175::lol::whymewhyme: Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy

Last edited: