Sensor Issues and Advancetrac Error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pat Gremillion

Reaction score
I have had a bad sensor indicating low tire pressure on one of my tires for about two years. I had new tires put on and the low tire sensor came on and has been on ever since. More recently I have also had a sensor warning light going off for my lift gate that was difficult to stop and I have had the car horn going off randomly to serve as an alarm without good reason when the keys were on a table away from me. Now this past weekend I received an Service Advancetrac ABS warning light and Brake Service warning light. My car is running fine and my brakes are in good shape. When I took the car into the repair shop they told me based upon the service codes I needed to replace the Advancetrac module and have it reprogrammed. Should I be hesitant to do this (given that it will be near a grand for the repair)? Is it possible or even probable that all these issues are electrical and are related and may not require the replacement of the Advancetrac module?

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's been more than one story of a cheap charger messing up communication on the tire pressure sensors. Happened to me and switched to a Verizon charger, hasn't happened again.

OP
OP
P

Pat Gremillion

Reaction score
Anyone else have any advice regarding this warning light? I am most interested in the Advancetrac Warning light and if there could be any connection with the electrical problems that might preclude replacing the expensive module to correct the problem. Does anyone have any experience with dealing with this situation?