Service Ramps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael D Morris

Reaction score
My ramps keep sliding out when I try to drive up on them with an epoxy garage floor. Haas anyone solved this problem? Surely I'm not the only one.

Tocapet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Back in the 60s, I had a pair of ramps made from a piece of railroad tie that I sawed in half at a great angle with a bow-saw. Heavy but strong. used them for years til someone stole them.

MHay

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last edited:

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My ramps keep sliding out when I try to drive up on them with an epoxy garage floor. Haas anyone solved this problem? Surely I'm not the only one.

Sheet rubber works on my one floor. Put it under the ramps.

I mixed silica sand in my Epoxy so its not slippery on top.

brhulen

Reaction score
That is my preference as well with most things.

The sway bar is the only reason I am looking into ramps.
I'm with zfifty on this, for safety I far prefer a good quality hydraulic floor jack and heavy duty cast iron jack stands. I've always had issues with ramps "scooting" out when trying to drive up on them. I get it that the suspension needs to be loaded for some suspension work so ramps and jackstands for safety. If the sides of the ramps are bulging I would think you might just be exceeding the recommended weight capacity. It's far better to be safe than sorry.

keiferEXP

Reaction score
Rhino ramps, pair of Pro-lift 6-ton jack stand (one on each side frame), and a 4-ton floor jack on the front cross-member if I'm going in from the sides. Even if the Rhino ramps give way the jack stands will hold it up. No problems for the past 10 years.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I used to have the same problem and cut two 2X4's the same length and used the garage wall as a brace to hold the ramps in place. Always worried me some but it worked and never punched a hole in the garage wall. Like the idea @MHay presented with the rubber mats for the camper leveler.

What lift points, front and rear, are people using for the floor jacks? That seems like another really good work around!