SES Light Blinking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Saturday night on my drive home from Thanksgiving with the family, I came upon a slow moving vehicle on the highway and switched lanes to pass and floored it. After it kicked down, a few seconds later, the car started to stutter fairly bad and the SES started blinking. I slowed down and was ready to pull over after a few seconds when the light stopped blinking and the engine smoothed back out. The rest of the trip was uneventful, but I did not get on it that hard again.
The owner's manual states that the SES light will blink when a missfire occurs. We had driven the vehicle approx 1000 miles since Wed night with absolutely no issues, and had accelerated hard quite a few times with no stumbling whatsoever. One strange thing I did notice was the first leg of the trip we averaged 16.9 MPG. On the way home, the first half of the drive we again averaged 16.9 MPG, but the second half we got 17.9 while I was traveling AT LEAST 75. Just sounds weird that the MPG would go up a full 1 MPG without resetting the computer after fillup.
Could it have been a tank of bad gas? I filled up at a half a tank and drove probably 100 miles before the issue.
Any thoughts? BTW, a 2006 EB.

OP
OP
Stoned06

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just got back from Auto Zone. They scanned the codes and got P0308 - Cylinder #8 misfire. With 51K miles on the clock, would this most likely be a coil or a plug? Probably going to change out all 8 plugs since I do not want to replace just 1, but should I also replace the COP? And which plug on which bank is #8? I'm thinking back driver's side.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
when you chang the plugs buy new boots for coils