Shaking at 60

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.aceking

Reaction score
1997 ford expedition 4.6 2wd coil suspension swap. Whenever I'm driving and I get to about 60 it drives as if something is rubbing and it shakes vigorously throughout the whole vehicle. I don't know what it could possibly be. I was thinking maybe wheel bearings? It's only done this recently. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

AbbadonTD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Possibly your Drivesaft.

They can get just off a bit from a suspention change, and could cause this. This is merely a postulation from my knowledge of Jeep XJs, where this condition is dubbed the "Death Wobble."

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Recheck all fasteners for proper tightness. Put front end on jackstands and grasp each front wheel and check for excessive play sideways and top to bottom. And have both front wheels balanced.

studabaker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Given 2wd and only changed front shocks which i dont think required removing anything else. Or would have impacted rear drive axle. Alignment maybe? if ride height changed due to different shocks? Switch back and see if it persists.

OP
OP
M

Mr.aceking

Reaction score
Had air suspension in the back but did the conversion. I jacked my car up yesterday to give it the wheel bearing test and sure enough they are in need of replacing. Wayyyy too much play in the wheels

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk