Shifter park indicate way off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2005Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hi my 05 expedition when ever I shift to park it indicate almost to park letter . But every other letter is correct . Sometime I jerk the shifter a bit and it go all the way to park letter P . Just the P INDICATE WRONG . every other is in correct position . Car run and shift fine ADF49DA9-5ADF-4370-8EDD-3DE0F14D4094.jpegDA6E7187-F276-4B66-BB3E-667057C063E2.jpeg

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
see the attached this is how the manual suggests
however if you locate the adjuster you can just try and turn it

Selector Lever Indicator Adjustment
  1. Remove the upper instrument panel steering column cover. For additional information, refer to Section 501-12 .
  1. Place the transmission control selector lever in the (D) position.
    • Rotate the transmission control selector lever clockwise until it bottoms out (first gear), then rotate two detents counterclockwise ((D) position).
  1. Hang a three pound weight on the transmission control selector lever.
  1. Center the pointer in the middle of the (D) position.
    • Rotate the thumbwheel located on the bottom of the steering column to adjust the pointer.

• S5J~tr~en~file=N0005349.gif~gen~ref.gif
  1. Remove the three pound weight.
  1. Carefully move the shift control selector lever from detent to detent and compare with transmission settings.
    • Readjust if necessary.
  1. Install the upper instrument panel steering column cover. For additional information, refer to Section 501-12 .