Shocks Shocks and more shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nsperf

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So was looking at shocks today and was just wondering what others are using and their experience with them.

Rig is basically stock with new tires, programmer and that is it.

Used mostly for winter, some minor off road work. No towing but will sometimes carry 6 to 7 people for the occasional get together.

Is used for long distance excursions a couple of times per year.

Was looking at the Skyjacker Nitro, Rancho RS5000, Pro Comp ES9000, Bilstein 4600

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the RS5000s.

I replaced some unknown age and brand shocks with the Ranchos. They work. It's by no means a racecar but I believe there is less bounce after hitting a bump.

I might try the Bilsteins next time around.

DUNE RCR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are there any polls on shocks on here? I've tried searching myself and haven't found any. If there isn't any could we get one made with the popular brands... rancho 5000, rancho 9000, bilstein, etc...

onlyexilove

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is another thread with more info I think you might be looking for. Search for "Shocks for 2000 expedition 4x4" or check under the 1st Gen new posts. Quite a few guys are running the Monroe and Billstein shocks. I personally have been running the Monroe shocks now for a few years with no issues at all. They are a pretty good upgrade from stock.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bilstein are the pinochle of shocks but a good budget option would be monroe reflex monotubes. They have twin tube and monotube versions of the reflex shocks, but the monotubes are better and about 35 a peice on rock auto, dont forget its shocktober with monroe and rancho, buy 3 get one free!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris420