Show me your aftermarket stereos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyleaaronburkett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got the headunit on Amazon for $45 the wiring harness for $25, two fifteen inch kickers with a 1200 watt kicker amp for $650 on marketplace with all the wiring included.

One of the best sounding setups I've had yet!e6bd705be1e075e6b6025ea9cd04b260.jpgf53b4f793e290f1f2a50e98f7d7d20f7.jpg90b0478a9fd03b0425bf94884bc6d8c2.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

kyleaaronburkett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Something odd about the dash kit you used. Is there a gap at the top an bottom of the radio?

This radio is in a 2011 Expedition EL Limited

View media item 6984
Yeah there is a tiny gap but you can't see through so it doesn't actually bother me.

No dash kits were used or abused in the mounting of my headunit. I bought a wiring harness but that's it.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

FORD-EXPY

Reaction score
Ahhh...still looks pretty good. A good dash kit will come with the trim ring around the radio (The one you are using would not be necessary) and fill the gap. Searching around the kits are usually less than $20.

LG_123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone bothered modifying one of the new B&O sound systems? It sounds great to me for a car system, but I’m coming from a 2012 Ford Flex...

I use a Sonos in the house and it’s hard to get that kind of quality in a car, at least without a lot of sound proofing in the doors/roof/floor that I’m not prepared to do.

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been considering of those Android head -units that are basically a tablet in the dash.

curtis-bob

Reaction score
ok i just looked at your picture a little better and i see you don't have a dvd in the back.

does any one know where a good head unit would be that WOULD work with the DVD system in the back. or is there no option to do that?

kyleaaronburkett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok i just looked at your picture a little better and i see you don't have a dvd in the back.

does any one know where a good head unit would be that WOULD work with the DVD system in the back. or is there no option to do that?

I bought this one, literally $45 and works like a champ:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R55NVYJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can tell you that this headunit does have video output and input. There is no audio rca input, though. Depending on what your goal is, you could even buy a 3.5m jack that attaches to bluetooth and you can toggle that to connect the audio to the headunit.