Show your Lifted 3rd Gens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
That's a gorgoues truck you have there.
Thanks! Almost just how I want it, still a few things left to do before I’m 100% satisfied

@JExpedition07 i did not know him. I enjoy parking next to similar trucks like these that park at the back of parking lots. Parked in front of a suburban one time and the owner was walking out in front of me. He stated “man that’s a nice truck” to his wife who then asked “where did we park?” I politely pointed out they were behind my truck and they both laughed.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I also have seen that ridiculous video. 1 mile above sea level and the expy is hundreds of pounds lighter optioned with a better axle ratio pitted against the XL Denali, what a fair match up.

I can walk a Denali XL with my 87 tune All day long, and do. That is with my 4x4 EL Limited. My cousin has one. Stock we are close. I get the jump, but once his builds steam he beats me by a door. Problem is with a 93 tune he can grab ~20-30 HP, where as we can gain easily double that, with more usable torque. Plus we have a higher tow rating, and yet the Yukon has a solid axle.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can walk a Denali XL with my 87 tune All day long, and do. That is with my 4x4 EL Limited. My cousin has one. Stock we are close. I get the jump, but once his builds steam he beats me by a door. Problem is with a 93 tune he can grab ~20-30 HP, where as we can gain easily double that, with more usable torque. Plus we have a higher tow rating, and yet the Yukon has a solid axle.

Tell your cousin its supercharger time:dogpile:. The expy is definitely the better towing vehicle, well ford usually has the edge there.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
$600 for my tune vs $3500+ for a good Supercharger. Yeah, I’ll keep my TT V6.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$600 for my tune vs $3500+ for a good Supercharger. Yeah, I’ll keep my TT V6.

Did he tune his 6.2L? I’m curious if it made a large difference or not over stock on that motor. Obviously a tune on a N/A cant yield the same gains.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Currently using the Hypertech 87 tune on the Expedition, so that price is actually $350 currently. Working with Torrie at unleashed and probably going to do SCT GTX and share it between my Expy and Edge, with an additional car kit. Love the gauges and live monitoring. Waiting for some play money to hit my account from some of my side Consulting work.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did he tune his 6.2L? I’m curious if it made a large difference or not over stock on that motor. Obviously a tune on a N/A cant yield the same gains.

He does have a tuner on it. Pretty sure it is an Edge Evo or some thing like that. I think it is supposed to add like 30HP. The biggest difference he said is throttle response. He was happy with the change.