Show your Lifted 3rd Gens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frankie paladin

Reaction score
All beautiful trucks. SOLISIMO, your truck looks awesome. I would def do white with black instead of chrome next time.

IMG_4889.jpg

IMG_4890.jpg

oper8n

Reaction score
13crushrubi, could you tell me what you did to get your vehicle lifted, please? I like the look and just got my wife's former 2011 expedition and want to modify the look with some tires and a 2 inch front leveling kit.
Thanks.

rayt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yo man where did you get that bumper??

ironbull

only people that make 3rd gen bumpers. their bumpers are handmade and probably different every time, expect imperfections.

my left / right side clearances under and around headlights are different.

0 issues mounting though, so i give them props.
Does not come with any mounting hardware aka grade 8 nuts and bolts.
no mounting instructions, even they did not know that i needed a 1/2" x 6" bolt to mount support onto frame.

Hamburgertime

Reaction score
ironbull

only people that make 3rd gen bumpers. their bumpers are handmade and probably different every time, expect imperfections.

my left / right side clearances under and around headlights are different.

0 issues mounting though, so i give them props.
Does not come with any mounting hardware aka grade 8 nuts and bolts.
no mounting instructions, even they did not know that i needed a 1/2" x 6" bolt to mount support onto frame.

It looks bad ass. How much different were the clearances? Super noticeable?

What did you end up having to buy in total for mounting hardware?

Also is that a skid plate I see there as well? If so where did you find that?

Cheers

rayt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It looks bad ass. How much different were the clearances? Super noticeable?

What did you end up having to buy in total for mounting hardware?

Also is that a skid plate I see there as well? If so where did you find that?

Cheers

the curvature under the headlights is every so slightly different. It is noticeable if i am looking for it. I think on the right side (driver side) bumper comes out 1/2" more then passenger side. The bumper total width matches the vehicle, its just that there are some areas that protrude a bit more.
Not noticeable unless you are looking for it.

I bought a ton of 1/2" bolts and nuts to mount the brackets on, you reuse the oem bumper beam mounts to hold the main bumper in place
you probably need 4-8 forgot the right amount 1/2" x 2" bolts and matching nuts
and a pair of 1/2" x 6" bolt with nut

yes this is a RCI metalworks skid plate for the f150. Fits fine, do not install the extended part, the extended part rubbed my axle case and caused a leak, didn't know until much later on. See if they will sell you the front plate only.
Skid plate for the 2009+ f150 will fit.
RCI comes with hardware, but for front mounts, you need EXTENDED u-nuts
https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=A18339

RCI comes with all short u-nuts, and it will not work with the front, The front u-nuts are also very hard to install.

Hamburgertime

Reaction score
the curvature under the headlights is every so slightly different. It is noticeable if i am looking for it. I think on the right side (driver side) bumper comes out 1/2" more then passenger side. The bumper total width matches the vehicle, its just that there are some areas that protrude a bit more.
Not noticeable unless you are looking for it.

I bought a ton of 1/2" bolts and nuts to mount the brackets on, you reuse the oem bumper beam mounts to hold the main bumper in place
you probably need 4-8 forgot the right amount 1/2" x 2" bolts and matching nuts
and a pair of 1/2" x 6" bolt with nut

yes this is a RCI metalworks skid plate for the f150. Fits fine, do not install the extended part, the extended part rubbed my axle case and caused a leak, didn't know until much later on. See if they will sell you the front plate only.
Skid plate for the 2009+ f150 will fit.
RCI comes with hardware, but for front mounts, you need EXTENDED u-nuts
https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=A18339

RCI comes with all short u-nuts, and it will not work with the front, The front u-nuts are also very hard to install.

Awesome man, appreciate the info!

Can't believe I hadn't stumbled across their bumpers before. Looks epic!