Show your Lifted 3rd Gens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dakota4ce

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guys, new forum member who has beat the search button to shreds: deciding between Navigator L and Expy EL, 2015-2017 models.

Anyone lifted/leveled an EL (or a Navigator L) that has auto leveling rear suspension? I like the idea of auto level, as I tow a 24.5' Supra boat that clocks in at 8500#, but if it cannot be lifted, I may just go standard and try to stiffen the rear enough to prevent awful sag. I test-towed the boat today with a standard length Expy without auto level, and the squat was not too bad. The EcoBoost WON ME OVER. Coming from a Sequoia, which I have loved. But it does NOT have the 'nads that the 3.5 does!

Advice is appreciated!

UPDATE: Found some material on fooling the rear air suspension to lift the truck...via custom control arms. Looks dope! Has anyone done this on a 2015-2017.....or on the same year of Navigator? I have to assume the system is the same, but you never know with the wylie engineers....

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
UPDATE: Found some material on fooling the rear air suspension to lift the truck...via custom control arms. Looks dope! Has anyone done this on a 2015-2017.....or on the same year of Navigator? I have to assume the system is the same, but you never know with the wylie engineers....

2015-2017 do not have an “active” leveling air suspension, they have Nivomat brand self leveling shocks. They are self contained. The same leveling/lift kit works on all 15-17 Expy’s, Nivomat or no Nivomat.

Dakota4ce

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2015-2017 do not have an “active” leveling air suspension, they have Nivomat brand self leveling shocks. They are self contained. The same leveling/lift kit works on all 15-17 Expy’s, Nivomat or no Nivomat.

Certainly awesome to learn! How about Lincoln, does anyone know what they're using?

Did all the ELs come with the Nivomats--or is that an option. I was surprised at how this truck handled my boat without sagging too much...

Last edited:

A-Dub

Reaction score
Certainly awesome to learn! How about Lincoln, does anyone know what they're using?

Did all the ELs come with the Nivomats--or is that an option. I was surprised at how this truck handled my boat without sagging too much...

No, not all ELs had load leveling suspension. All Navigator L 2wd come with load leveling. All Navigator L 4WD come with CCD. Supposedly you cannot lift the CCD suspension...

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, not all ELs had load leveling suspension. All Navigator L 2wd come with load leveling. All Navigator L 4WD come with CCD. Supposedly you cannot lift the CCD suspension...

You cannot lift the CCD with what is available on the market. In theory it is “possible”, but it would be 100% Custom. Main reason I stayed away from it.

Dakota4ce

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You cannot lift the CCD with what is available on the market. In theory it is “possible”, but it would be 100% Custom. Main reason I stayed away from it.

Excellent to know this, exactly why I asked the brain trust. Very hard to decipher the clues as you look at used cars, and nobody spells out exactly what systems are on these trucks.

Thank you guys! I think I am sticking with the EL Expy. A little more my style anyway!

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Excellent to know this, exactly why I asked the brain trust. Very hard to decipher the clues as you look at used cars, and nobody spells out exactly what systems are on these trucks.

Thank you guys! I think I am sticking with the EL Expy. A little more my style anyway!
You can get an EL without CCD and lift it