Show your Lifted 3rd Gens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expy_Tac

Reaction score
With all stock wheels, tires, suspension, I was getting 18+mpg combined street and highway. Lost a little over 1mpg after the lift/level kit and larger tires. Just shy of 17mpg now. I had to use a couple of trips with known distances and manually calculate as obviously the computer doesn’t know the tire sized changed. I actually expected a bigger drop so I’m pleasantly surprised.

Dannyboy11222

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank for the reply
Yeah my current size is 275/55/r20... Want to be able to get a wider tire so I'm thinking 285/ 55/r20 or even 295 if they can fit with rubbing

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

jfare3354

Reaction score
Hi all. First time posting on the forum. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted info and pics of their rigs. After a lot of time spent on this thread specifically, I finally decided on this setup for my ‘17 Expy XLT 4x4:

ReadyLift 3/2 kit
18x9 wheels with +18 offset
33” tires (275/70R18) BFG KO2

There is plenty of room for a larger tire but already had the BFGs. I’m planning to go to with 295/70R18 when it’s time to replace tires.

Thanks again to all who added their insight in this and other related threads. It really helped narrow down the options.

View attachment 28914
Did you change your shocks? How did your mpg do afterwards? Did you think it changed the quality of the smooth ride much?

Expy_Tac

Reaction score
jfare3354: All stock on the suspension aside from the ReadyLIFT. Lost a little over 1mpg with the lift and tires. More details a few posts up (post 312).

The ride seems a touch stiffer but still really smooth. I think the tires have more to do with it than the lift actually. I had the tires from another truck so they’re a used set. I put the tires on before I installed the lift and the ride felt rougher. Again, that was before I added the lift. Didn’t really feel any difference after the lift was installed.

intense98neon

Reaction score
@Expy_Tac Thanks for the answer, I think you can change your tire size in Forscan so the odometer and speedometer would be accurate. I also would think that then the gas mileage numbers would be more accurate on your computer.

JerEazy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ReadyLift 69-2070 3.0'' Front with 2.0'' Rear SST Lift Kit

Cooper DISCOVERER AT3 XLT LT295/70R18 E 129S Tire
(34.25 x 12)

Raised it 4”

Minor rubbing but I will correct that with trimming or as a last resort Bora wheel spacers

I couldn’t be more happy with the new look of my Expedition.
Looks like a different vehicle.
Haven’t tested the tires off-road yet but the road noise is zero.
Only put less than 50 miles on it so far. Mostly around town and a quick trip down the highway.
I am seeing a -2 mpg drop off in that short distance.
The ride is vastly improved as well.

Here is one before pic and the rest is what it is now.

View attachment 27904View attachment 27905View attachment 27906View attachment 27907

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is it just me or does the damn exhaust system coming out of the rear of these things kill the lifted look??

ugh.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
is it just me or does the damn exhaust system coming out of the rear of these things kill the lifted look??

ugh.

Makes no difference if it is lifted or not looks awful either way.

Good thing it is a simple fix. Just remove the rear resonator and have it exit out the side.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze