Show your Lifted 3rd Gens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jamo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I have to ask. Why the lifts for so many here? Just for looks? Raising the body off the drivetrain doesn't improve ground clearance, and with the raised COG, I would think the handling would be worse.
Guess I'm just pushing old fart status these days, but I'm happy with my 2014 EL LTD, happy with the stock look, and happy with the stock handling.

That said, I did plenty to my Harleys over the years, mostly as a young fart. My '76 Shovelhead has had a few changes and still love to ride it. My '03 Road King Classic is stock, other than a few performance mod's.

Each to their own and lift away...

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I love how these look lifted a bit and don't like the rake on them. But I'm afraid to loose stability as much of my driving's long distances on Interstates.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I have to ask. Why the lifts for so many here? Just for looks? Raising the body off the drivetrain doesn't improve ground clearance, and with the raised COG, I would think the handling would be worse.
Guess I'm just pushing old fart status these days, but I'm happy with my 2014 EL LTD, happy with the stock look, and happy with the stock handling.

That said, I did plenty to my Harleys over the years, mostly as a young fart. My '76 Shovelhead has had a few changes and still love to ride it. My '03 Road King Classic is stock, other than a few performance mod's.

Each to their own and lift away...

These are suspension lifts, the 3/2 kits are puck spacers. Not body lifts. Not the best for geometry, but even without tire size changes, they do increase ground clearance. They are 4 wheel independent.

Factor in larger tires and you gain even more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For me it is ...

#1 to level it.

#2 lift allows for larger diameter tires which do increase ground clearance.

Just my 2¢

the tires I just put on mine are taller than the top of the wheel well was before new tires+lift. Definitely a big increase in clearance. First step out of the truck is a doozy, now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni